Monday 6 September 2010

The Outrider

The Outrider is a craft I really love, designed by Doug Chiang for the Shadows of the Empire project. It was a ship I chose as one of my first attempts at scratchbuilding. I made it out of cardboard and kit parts so it became a little flimsy quite fast but I enjoyed the experience and the learning curve it provided.
The first image is a primitive period render and the second a pretend magazine article based on how it might have been presented in something akin to Starlog in days of yore.

Wanting to improve and build a better model, the last montage is a current work in progress of a new scratchbuild of the ship utilizing standard styrene. I have to say I am a very slow builder and taking my time on this but I hope to continue it sometime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment