Saturday 24 September 2011

Aqua Pod

This was a scratch build made mostly out of cardboard and Milliput with a few kit greeblies added on. You may notice the Alpha branding from the Space:1999 TV series, this was because it was initially built as an alternative to the standard Eagle pods for a web contest, and would fit in its place incase the Alphans ever needed a submersible explorer. It's built to scale with those Airfix, and later AMT/ERTL kits but I don't have any pictures to hand of that and my Eagle is currently in pieces in the hopes of accurizing it at some point.
I now consider it an independent vessel, and I added a few extra pieces on the top (which would not have had height room otherwise), but I left the branding on and would digitally paint over them for renders.

No comments:

Post a Comment