Saturday 24 September 2011

Slave 1

This is a hybrid build of the AMT/ERTL and Revell Slave 1 kits. If I recall correctly, the A-surface is all the AMT kit and the B-surface and canopy is the Revell kit. Can't say what prompted the fusion other than just aesthetics, sentimentality and tinkering about. The finish is a bit lumpy due to the amount of layers while trying to obtain the right tone of colours which were all hand painted.



It was a great learning curve as it really taught me to be able to create the look of damaged paint as in these WIP pics based on Jango's Slave 1.




It's more subtle on Jango's as the craft is in a newer state.
I never did finish the Jango build. Maybe I just got what I wanted to out of it at that juncture and its on hold until I find some further motivation.

Despite that, I'd really love it if I could have a go at a bigger scale of this ship. I know there is a good sized one by Hasbro in scale with the action figures but it's released as part of some multi-pack and really expensive. Ironically, although there are a lot of raves about the Fine Molds release, it would cost me just as much to try and get hold of that kit as it would to purchase the Hasbro toy. "It's a funny old universe" as some might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment