Saturday 24 September 2011

Revell Cylon Basestar

This is the 97 re-issue of the Revell Monogram Basestar. A bit of a stasis build. I was never happy with my efforts on this. I think perhaps the kit might be a bit chunky or maybe the diameter a little smaller than its screen counterpart or maybe the bridges a bit taller. Either way, it doesn't replicate as I'd wish it to on camera. I'm not knocking the kit, after all, it is only a model and not designed to be a screen worthy replica.




One thing I noticed was that it lacked the channels that go around the edge of the screen ship. I sanded down the edges and tried to add my own with some strips of styrene. I'm not sure if that will improve the look and add some extra dimension to the model. It looks sort of promising in these pics. I also made a little intersection strip for where the two saucer halves mate.




Sadly this is as far as I got as basically the whole model will require repainting from this work and it will also require many tiny panels to be added on the channel edges and that's when it got a bit too tedious, but I will get back to it at some point as I'd love to see how all that work will finally look.

No comments:

Post a Comment